It’s taken me an age and several attempts to paint this miniature. My main challenge was the face; I had tried the techniques I’d used to great success with Ramos, Howard and Joss. When I tried to make this more feminine I ended up with what would be generously described as exaggerated drag. As a result this model sat around for a while, until my recent success with the showgirls.
I didn’t take great notes of the colours (this model was done in a rush to try and get it ready for Cancon), but what I did not is below. The flesh is the same as Colette.
- Base: Cavalry Brown (VMC 70.982)
- Wash: Hull Brown (VMC 70.985)
- Drybrush: Scarlet (VMC 70.817)
- Base: Prussian Blue (VMC 70.965)
- Base: USA Olive Drab (VMC 70.889)
- Base: Black Grey (VMC 70.862)
- Shadow I: Black (VMC 70.950)
- Highlight I: 50% Black Grey (VMC 70.862) & 50% London Grey (VMC 70.836)
- Highlight II: London Grey (VMC 70.836)