Malifaux Steam Arachnid Swarm

I put 3 individual Steam Arachnids up earlier, and when I was looking for colours I noticed a couple of things missing. I’ve now painted a swarm and a little trial and error cleared up the rest of the recipe.

SteamArachnidSwarm-1

  • Body:
    • Base: 30% Gunmetal Blue (VMC 70.800) & 60% Silver (VMC 70.997).
    • Wash 1: Brown Blue Wash (AK-070) – diluted 50%.
    • Wash 2: NATO Camouflages Wash (A.MIG-1008) – diluted 30%.
    • Highlight 1: Gunmetal Blue (VMC 70.800).
    • Highlight 2: Silver (VMC 70.997).
  • Eyes:
    • Base: Medium Olive (VMC 70.850).
    • Highlight 1: German Camouflage Bright Green (VMC 70.833).
    • Highlight 2: Lime Green (VMC 70.827).
  • Grills:
    • Base: Bright Orange (VMC 70.851).

I think they have a nice sense of movement to them, they stack on top of each other quite nicely. The uneven base helps to give a bit more motion to them. I could have magnetized them, but they’re not particularly expensive and most of the painting effort is in the bases. As a result I didn’t bother, and instead I prefer to be able to pose the swarm and leave off a spike that extends from the base to hold the model on. The last picture gives some alternate views of the swarm.

SteamArachnidSwarm-2

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s