Performers

With the main act complete, I’ve moved on to the supporting act. This time it’s two showgirls. Overall I used very similar techniques to Cassandra and Colette, but I wanted to vary the skin tones a little. There is a third showgirl model, but she’s a limited edition and while I’ll probably pick her up…

Cassandra

Cassandra is Colette’s henchmen (second tier character in Malifaux). Previously a rival, Cassandra now works with Colette. I painted her at pretty much the same time with the same colours. However, I went for a slightly different balance with warmer colours and harsher gradients. This sets her apart from Colette, but retains some commonality. Again,…

Colette

Work on my new Malifaux crew has been awfully slow. Part of it has been my unfamiliarity with the colours. I’m not particularly comfortable painting skin, particularly on females. As a result I’ve spent a heap of time downloading tutorials, watching videos, pondering and general procrastination. The Russian vehicle commission (which still has a handful…

1/100 Zvezda M109A2 Review

Zvezda produce a number of 1/100 model kits for Modern and Cold War vehicles. I’ve heard mixed things about their kits, and I think that’s because their kits are a mixed bag: some good, others not so good. With that in mind I picked up a handful of their M109A2 kits to use in my…

Russian Vehicle Commission V

I’ve finished 8 of the 12 Hinds, the other 4 are going to sit for a little bit while I recover from painting soooo many vehicles. To paint the camouflage I used Anarchy Model’s HD Stencil System. I really like these stencils, they’re sticky enough without pulling paint up with some flexibility. Ideally they would…

Russian Vehicle Commission IV

Some progress at long last. No WIP pictures this time, just vehicles. Sooooooo many vehicles. The colours and techniques are the same as the T-72s so the WIP pictures and colours wouldn’t reveal much.

Russian Vehicle Commission III

The last steps to complete were some weathering. Although you could probably argue this started with applying the paint chipping in the previous step. Because there are so many and the tanks are so small I’ve taken a pretty simplified approach to weathering the tanks. I could have spent long and gotten more realistic results,…